How to add Photos to the iPhone Simulator
Building an app that needs to access the photo library but don’t have any photos in the iPhone simulator? No problem. Follow these simple steps to import photos into the iPhone Simulator:
- Open the iPhone Simulator
- Browse to the photo you want to put into the simulator (Finder or web browser)
- Click and drag the photo over the simulator window. A green “plus” icon should appear under your cursor with the simulator frame highlighted. Drop the photo.
- Mobile Safari should open on the simulator to the location of the image you just dragged and dropped over it
- Note that if the image you dropped is linked in a webpage, it will open the link instead of the image URL.
- Click the mouse down over the image and hold it until a popup window appears.
- Click “Save Image”
The photo will now reside in the “Saved Photos” album on the iPhone Simulator. Rince and repeat as many times as you need to get all your photos in the album.
Posted on Sep 16, 2011